Full-Time Faculty Positions
Assistant/Associate Professor, Journalism and Creative Writing
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled
(Starting Fall 2018 or later)
Part-Time Faculty Positions
Disciplines: Music, Dance, Theater, Multimedia Journalism, Television and Film, Advertising, Public Relations, Communication, Political Communication
Vacancy date: Open
The Department of Communication Arts at the Lebanese American University has several vacancies for part-time faculty positions at the rank of Instructor or Lecturer.
Prospective applicants must have at least an MA degree in the relevant field, several years of professional experience, strong command of English, and demonstrated teaching experience in the related area.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest and a current CV to Ms. Houri Gostanian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should specify in the email which area they are interested in teaching and which specific courses they are interested in covering. Candidates should also specify whether they can teach in our Beirut or Byblos campus, or both. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb
Part-Time Staff Positions
Studio Technician (Part-time Position)
The Beirut TV & Film Studio is currently looking for a part-time Studio Technician (morning shift from 8:00 a.m. till 3:30 p.m. Starting date January 2, 2018 ).
- Assists in security and safety procedures taken in the studio
- Assists in equipment preparation, reservation and basic maintenance
- Ensure borrowed equipment is returned on time and in good condition
- Runs technical workshops on the use of studio equipment
- Follows up with students and assists them technically with their projects
- Provides technical assistant for instructors in the classroom
- Assists in the organization, promotion, execution and recording of department events
- Performs other duties pertinent to this job as assigned
- BA/BS degree in TV & Film or related field
- Knowledgeable in non-linear video and audio editing
- Familiar with ENG & DSLR cameras and their accessories
- Good knowledge in video & audio connections, configurations and formats
- Excellent command and communication capabilities in both English and Arabic
- Able to relay information to students through daily instructions and periodic technical workshops
- Strong sense of responsibility, maturity and proactive approach
- More than one year of work experience
- Familiarity with 4K cameras is a plus, particularly RED
- Strong command of social media and internet tools
- Evidence of continued education and training in the latest TV/film technologies and competencies
- Strong organizational skills
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com
, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Friday December 15, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity