March 20, 2017
Full Scholarship to Salzburg Academy!
The Department of Communication Arts at LAU and Fransabank invite all Communication Arts students to a video competition focused on the theme of youth and money. Students majoring or minoring in any Communication Arts program are invited to create a short video (60-90 seconds) that reflects this theme and what it means to them individually and/or to their generation.
Full Scholarship for participating in the Salzburg Academy.
The short video should show a personal narrative on youth and their relation with money and may answer any of these questions:
- Your money decisions: do you budget?
- How do you manage your money?
- Your sources of income: how would you expand them?
- What are the encounters, learning methods, accidental experiences thought you how to manage your money?
- What is your relationship with the bank? Do you know how to improve it?
You could highlight a learning experience or a story you heard from a friend or family member about encounters with money, or focus on experiences that develop good money-management, or highlight certain cultural beliefs that encourage or go against handling money as a youth.
Topic: Youth’s Relation to Money
Eligibility: Open to all current Communication Arts majors and minors (minor must be declared):
- BA in Communication, BA in Performing Arts, BA in Multimedia Journalism, BA in Television and Film.
- Minor in Performing Arts, Minor in Advertising and Public Relations, Minor in Multimedia Journalism
- Format: video (including slideshow of photos, animation, film story, etc).
- Length: 60-90 seconds.
- Genres: any communication arts productions are acceptable, including:
A recorded performance (play, act, music, dance).
A short film.
A journalistic work, report, infographic (must be in video format).
An advertisement, PSA, infomercial, call for action.
All submitted content (videos, photos, music, etc) must not violate copyright laws.
- Submit video on YouTube and email the link to: Ms. Rima Mirdas email@example.com
- Deadline for submission: March 20, 2017 at 1pm.
- Announcement of winners: the last week of March.
See poster here
For more information and how to apply see our Study Abroad Program
This competition is sponsored by a generous grant from Fransabank.